Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BoxOffice.com: Will THE GREAT GATSBY & HANGOVER PART III Combine for a Strong Warner Bros. May?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,375 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics

Full article: http://www.boxoffice...-social-network

When it comes to social network metrics, we expect to see fan-driven genre franchises frequently posting strong results in Facebook and Twitter analyses. It comes as no surprise when Iron Man 3Man of Steel, or Star Trek Into Darkness rest among the top ten tweeted-about films (as they currently do for this week). But two other May releases are making waves themselves.

The Hangover Part III has been lighting up Facebook all week--and, really, ever since its two trailers debuted. Dating back to April 19, the trilogy-closer has added a massive 1.017 million fans (for a total of 23.6 million and counting). That's 3.4 times as many new fans added as any other movie during the same time frame--an impressive statistic when considering the film was *losing* fans nearly two months ago. Once the teaser trailer debuted in early March, things started turning around.

The more surprising turn of events, however, has been the quickly ascending popularity of The Great Gatsby... (more)

Edited by ShawnMR, 25 April 2013 - 09:59 AM.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

acsc1312

acsc1312

Bastard in a basket

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,966 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 99 topics
  • LocationSan Antonio
We discussed this one the last BO podcast and I think that WB might very well come out on top at the end of the summer. If gatsby performs to at least 90-100, it's gonna help immensely.

And so it goes, and so it goes. And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

CJohn

CJohn

Global Phenomenon

• General Moderator
  • 39,396 posts
  • 576 topics
  • LocationPortugal

Gatsby will do over 100M.

Next 4 Weeks Predictions (Updates on Mondays and Thursdays):

- Annabelle - 37/78 | Gone Girl - 25/95 | Left Behind - 6/14

- Disney's Alexander - 16/53 | The Judge - 12/36 | Dracula Untold - 20/50

- Book of Life - 11/35 | The Best of Me - 18/58 | Fury - 31/103

- John Wick - 13/40 | Ouija - 11/24 | Laggies - 5/12

ChD

ChD

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts
  • Joined September 18, 2012
  • 59 topics
  • LocationHogwarts

We discussed this one the last BO podcast and I think that WB might very well come out on top at the end of the summer. If gatsby performs to at least 90-100, it's gonna help immensely.

With it's budget (120M), it needs to perform very well overseas for Warner Bros to actually win something off of it.

"You can have all the faith in spirits and the afterlife, heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot, because you can tell that you put your faith in God to get through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways."

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."

35c3g42.jpg

acsc1312

acsc1312

Bastard in a basket

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,966 posts
  • 99 topics
  • LocationSan Antonio

With it's budget (120M), it needs to perform very well overseas for Warner Bros to actually win something off of it.

I'm talking about strictly BO numbers. Revenue's a different story.
  • ChD likes this

And so it goes, and so it goes. And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

JackO

JackO

SAG/AFTRA

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 2 topics
  • LocationMe Chi Gain

In a word, No. 

TOP 24​ Most Accurate  USER for Oscar nominations 2012! Check out my 2013 predicts on the Gold Derby User Page now!   :) 

baumer

baumer

• General Moderator
  • 42,531 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 1,810 topics
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake

Shawn, you need to be clear about Gatsby....will it open to 40 or 30 lol.....my number 15 slot in the summer game depends on it.

If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users