Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Veronica Mars movie (March 14, 2014)

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

junkshop39

junkshop39

🎶Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars🎶

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 0 topics
  • LocationHammond, LA
Looks good. I never watched the show but I heard it was good. On an interesting side note, one of the Radiologists here at the hospital I work at is good friends with Rob Thomas the writer of the show. He told me they were looking to do a movie before they started the kick starter campaign. He's even met Christin Bell and some of the other actors from the show.
:father:

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,332 posts
  • Joined December 13, 2011
  • 71 topics
  • LocationAustralia

They were trying to get WB to green-light a movie for years before they allowed them to try the Kickstarter.

The47th

The47th

Indie Sensation

• PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined January 29, 2012
  • 3 topics
  • LocationSpain

Poster: http://movies.yahoo....-194744577.html

DamienRoc

DamienRoc

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts
  • Joined December 26, 2013
  • 21 topics
  • Locationdebatable

AMC has released a list of theaters that will be showing VM, with ticket for sale on February 14.

https://www.amctheat...announced-today

There are 260 theaters there, and the Kickstarter page also notes 4 other theaters that will also have it showing.

If this is the only chain that's going to have it showing, that'll be a pretty limited release, unless it breaks out. (Thankfully, my local theater will have it. Woo!)

2014: 1) How to Train Your Dragon 2 2) The Raid 2  3) Veronica Mars 4) The Wind Rises 5) Patema Inverted 6) Edge of Tomorrow 7) Unforgiven (Japan) 8) X-Men: Days of Future Past 9) Guardians of the Galaxy 10) Once Upon a Time in Shanghai 11) Mr. Peabody & Sherman  12) Maleficent 13) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 14) The Lego Movie  15) Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit  16) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 17) The House of Magic 18) Firestorm

Taylor

Taylor

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • 45 topics
  • LocationCanada

I imagine/would hope it will also have a Canadian release, even if only in major markets.

Incarnadine

Incarnadine

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationVancouver B.C.

I imagine/would hope it will also have a Canadian release, even if only in major markets.

Please let that be so. :D

RyneOh1040

RyneOh1040

Sleeper Hit

• PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2011
  • 10 topics
  • LocationNashville, TN

So bummed it's being released through AMC (with the exception of a handful of theaters).  I chose the tier that came with the download of the movie but still I wanted to see it on the big screen first.  The closet to Nashville, is Atlanta, which is a solid 4 hour drive.  Hopefully in some of the bigger markets where AMC doesn't exist they will have a few last minute additions.

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,332 posts
  • 71 topics
  • LocationAustralia

This shows what a motivated fan base can do.

http://www.mtv.com/n...vie-brawl.jhtml

FrozenUnicorn

FrozenUnicorn

Sleeper Hit

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined January 19, 2014
  • 1 topics
  • LocationI wish it was Arendelle
Never seen the series, but part of me just wants to see it because Kristen Bell is in it (though I might be partially just hearing Anna from Frozen in my head when she talks XD)

Frozen Fan For Life  

"There are two kinds of people in the world.  People who are obsessed with Frozen, and people who are not."

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,332 posts
  • 71 topics
  • LocationAustralia

And people said Frozen wouldn't bring people to see VM.

Incarnadine

Incarnadine

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationVancouver B.C.

This could have the most "interesting" run of any small release this year.

Gang,We’ve gotten a ton of questions about which theaters will be showing Veronica Mars when it’s released on March 14, whether you’ll be able to see it in a theater near you, and when tickets will be available for online pre-orders.Well, good news: we’ve got some answers for you.1. AMC has released a list of theaters where Veronica Mars will be shown in the USA.2. Arrangements have also been made to screen Veronica Mars at a select few cinemas, in areas where AMC does not have theaters:•Premiere Cinema 15 (Lubbock, TX)•The Living Room 6 (Portland, OR)•Cinetopia Progress Ridge Beaverton (Portland, OR)•Cinetopia Vancouver Mall (Vancouver, WA)3. Tickets will be available for pre-order starting on February 14 – just in time for all of your Valentine’s Day gifting needs!What’s amazing about this list is that, for a movie of our size, the normal approach would be to do a limited release in no more than 5-6 of the biggest cities in the United States. And for a normal movie, that would have been great. But we know that our backers aren’t just in those big cities, so AMC has been working hard to help place us in theaters all over the United States.With luck, you’ll see a theater near you, or at least one within a 1-2 hour drive, on AMC’s list.If you don’t — or you’d like to encourage AMC to add your local theater to the list — it doesn’t hurt to tell them. As AMC said in their announcement, they can’t make any promises… but if you want to see Veronica in another theater near you, let them know in their comments.For our international backers: don’t worry! We’re still working through the arrangements for international distribution, but we’ll have more news soon. Until you hear something from me, assume it’s just a rumor.Also…MTV Tournament: Final Showdown!Last but not least: thanks to anyone who took the time to vote for Veronica in MTV’s Movie Brawl. With your help, we’ve advanced to the final round, where we’re facing off against Vampire Academy for the title of Most Anticipated Movie of 2014.Our movie doesn’t have sexy teenage vampires in it – that you know of. On the other hand, we probably have more brooding. I expect it’s going to be a tight race. If you want to help tip the scales, you can vote (as many times as you want) between now and Thursday morning, right here:MTV Movie Brawl 2014Look for a longer update later this week.Rob

Veronica Mars actually won the MTV Movie Brawl 2014

Also, being in Canada this line gives me hope: "For our international backers: don’t worry! We’re still working through the arrangements for international distribution, but we’ll have more news soon. Until you hear something from me, assume it’s just a rumor."

The47th

The47th

Indie Sensation

• PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 3 topics
  • LocationSpain

I literally couldn't believe they were going through each of the stages of the tournament. They've beat some serious competition, like the Hunger Games fanbase.

I mean, MTV didn't even include the drawing of Veronica in the picture of the background. That's how irrelevant they thought this was. Hopefully this will get the movie some promotional push.

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,332 posts
  • 71 topics
  • LocationAustralia
I was watching Deep Impact last night. I hadn't realised Jason Dohring was the kid at the assembly who tells Elijah Wood he's going to get lots of girls now.

MazeRunner23

MazeRunner23

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Joined January 01, 2013
  • 5 topics
  • LocationBrazil

Really not :

Movie Brawl means nothing... Mortal Instruments won second place last year and only made 80M WW. Year before last Cosmopolis won first and Hunger Games Second .... Cosmopolis only had a limited release. $ 6,063,556 (First Place) Vs $ 691,247,768 (Second Place)The main motive of films like that win are the use of plugins autorepeat.Movie Brawl should allow only one vote per IP to reduce cheat.

3V9cDE.gif

Incarnadine

Incarnadine

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationVancouver B.C.

Some new info, and good news for anyone here who can get to any of the theaters mentioned for a sneak preview.

Gang,We now have just over a month until March 14, and just a few days until we’re scheduled to completely lock down the final sound mix for the movie. I’ll share a little bit more about the movie as soon as it’s officially locked, but I’m relieved to report that we’re just about there.I know you continue to have questions, and as always, I’ll continue to share answers with you as soon as I know them. If I’m not mentioning something here, it’s because it’s still being finalized.In particular, I know many of you are still waiting for news on whether we’ll be able to show the movie in more theaters, especially in other countries, as well as news about when you’ll receive your digital downloads and DVD rewards. We expect to have more information about both of those questions in the next week or two.In the meantime, read on for a few quick updates that I can share with you this morning…Want to see Veronica Mars the night before it’s released?As I mentioned in a previous update, tickets will go on sale for Veronica Mars this Friday, February 14.However, we’ve also gotten a lot of questions from backers in areas where screenings have already been announced, asking if there will be midnight screenings on March 14. So, I asked Warner Bros about it.As it turns out, AMC actually had something cooler in mind.On Thursday, March 13, 2014, AMC will be hosting special Advance Screening Events at a handful of their largest theaters – and we’ve made sure that our backers will have a chance to get tickets before anyone else.If you’re near any of the following theaters, you’ll have a chance to see an Advance Screening:Atlanta – Phipps Plaza 14Boston – Boston Common 19Chicago – River East 21Dallas – Northpark 15Denver – Westminster PromenadeHouston – First Colony 24Kansas City – Studio 28Los Angeles – Century City 15Miami – Aventura MallMinneapolis – Southdale Center 16New York – Garden State 16Philadelphia – Neshaminy 24Phoenix – Westgate 20San Diego – Mission Valley 20San Francisco – Metreon 16Seattle – Pacific Place 11Washington DC – Tyson’s CornerObviously, attending an Advance Screening means you’ll see the movie before most people, but from what I’ve heard, AMC is also working on a few fun surprises to make the experience more exciting and memorable.Tickets for the Advance Screenings will go on sale this Thursday, February 13: on Thursday morning at exactly 9 AM (EST), I’ll send out a Backer Update with details on how to get them, and you guys will have at least an hour to reserve yours before AMC announces them to the general public. If you want to be sure you don’t miss them, you’ll want to set an alarm for 8:55 AM (EST) on Thursday.And if you’re on the west coast, I know it’s early. Believe me, I wish it weren’t: I’ll be awake even earlier to make sure the update is sent out on time.Soundtrack now available!(For preorder. Not for listening to.)Last week, I also shared the news that WaterTower Music would be releasing not one, but two official Veronica Mars albums in March: an official soundtrack and an official score. We’re not releasing the score until March 14, in order to avoid spoilers, but as promised, the official soundtrack is now available for preorder on Amazon and iTunes, and will be released on March 4.Why we’ve finally joined Tumblr.(And why we didn’t do it sooner.)Ever since we launched our Kickstarter last March, we’ve done our best to interact with fans and backers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as the official Backers’ Website. Just keeping up with those channels has been time-consuming, so despite our ambitions, we’ve been hesitant to jump onto more.At the same time, we’ve always been aware that a lot of our most passionate fandom exists on Tumblr, trading news, suggestions, opinions, fan fiction, memes and artwork. There’s a lot of amazing work living there, and while I can’t begin to keep up with all of it, it’s important to me – and to our entire cast and crew – to recognize the talent and passion that exists around Veronica Mars. That’s why I was excited when Warner Bros proposed an idea called Veronica Mars Fan of the Week, where we’ve been sharing some of the amazing personal stories and creations we’ve heard from fans.As we get closer to the movie, I want to make sure we keep celebrating you as much as you’ve been celebrating us, so I’m pleased to announce that we’ve finally set up an Official Veronica Mars Tumblr.I’m not sure what we’ll do with it long term, but for now, we’ll do our best to share some of the artwork and personal stories we hear from our fans and backers almost every day. We can’t include everything we see, but if you’ve got something you’d like to share with our team, be sure to let us know._____________Finally, a gentle warning: as we get closer to March 14, there will be a lot more information we want to share with you. That means that these updates will probably be a lot more frequent over the next month. I’ll do my best not to overwhelm you, but I also want to make sure you hear as much about what’s happening as possible.And later this week, we’ll have something fun (and a little bit exciting) to share with you, just in time for Valentine’s Day.Rob

iceroll

iceroll

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,047 posts
  • 207 topics

lol, Vampire Academy beat Godzilla and Divergent on that... I wouldn't trust that at all.

n7JjOiQ.gif

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time

Ceremony underway now! Visit here

Incarnadine

Incarnadine

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationVancouver B.C.

Adorable...

Posted Image

Jay Hollywood

Jay Hollywood

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts
  • Joined January 27, 2013
  • 13 topics
  • LocationNo Ho

Every time I have to sit through this trailer at theaters I just grunt and grown. 

fc7d665b-06cd-4091-91d0-c45246c52fd1.jpg

Mojoguy

Mojoguy

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts
  • Joined November 14, 2011
  • 4 topics

Too bad Disney isn't releasing this movie. We could have gotten a Veronica Mars double feature with Frozen! ;)

The47th

The47th

Indie Sensation

• PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 3 topics
  • LocationSpain

I don't know about GA, but at least the fanbase is definitely responding: 

‘Veronica Mars’ AMC Fan Event Sells Out, Prompting Additional Showtimes

Veronica Mars” fans are following through on their support of the Kickstarter-funded film, selling out exclusive AMC Theaters-hosted fan screenings held the day before its nationwide release.

As a result, AMC added showtimes for the fan event at several of the 17 locations across the U.S.

http://variety.com/2...mes-1201102450/

Edited by The47th, 13 February 2014 - 02:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users