Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Twitter Futures: THE CROODS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,373 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics

Full Article: http://www.boxoffice...ures-the-croods

Three weeks from this Friday, DreamWorks' latest animated venture will hit theaters. The Croods marks their first spring season offering since 2010 when How to Train Your Dragon achieved critical acclaim and a memorable box office run for an original animation. Chris Sanders--half of Dragon's writing/directing duo--returns behind the "camera" and script for The Croods, so expectations are very positive.

What does social media have to say?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

RichWS

RichWS

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,328 posts
  • Joined November 10, 2011
  • 9 topics
  • LocationNew London, CT

50M is achievable, although I'm thinking mid-40's at the moment.

whoot

whoot

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2011
  • 2 topics

I know nothing anymore.  If you asked me what looked more appealing between RotG and Croods I would have told you RotG by a mile.

Bryan

Bryan

Sleeper Hit

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined April 05, 2012
  • 0 topics
  • LocationAxiom

Very hard to predict but DW needs this to success or they will be in difficult issues

The Fire Rises

JackO

JackO

SAG/AFTRA

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 2 topics
  • LocationMe Chi Gain

croods looks good but I want to see how it reacts in the aftermath of Oz. 

TOP 24​ Most Accurate  USER for Oscar nominations 2012! Check out my 2013 predicts on the Gold Derby User Page now!   :) 

Bryan

Bryan

Sleeper Hit

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined April 05, 2012
  • 0 topics
  • LocationAxiom

There's a storm coming

The Fire Rises

iEye

iEye

Sleeper Hit

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Joined November 11, 2011
  • 0 topics

I know nothing anymore.  If you asked me what looked more appealing between RotG and Croods I would have told you RotG by a mile.

A movie needs proper marketing and a distributor who is committed to making the movie the biggest success that it could be, I think Paramount failed miserably (purposely or otherwise) to do its job and we all know what happened to ROTG. I think because Croods is the first movie that Fox is distributing for DWA, they will pull out all of the stops that it can to make it a biggest success possible. The most important factor of all is that the movie must be good for the movie to have a chance at being a box office success or not...

Edit: BTW, I know a few people asked for your thoughts on ROTG but I don't think I ever saw a reply. What did you think of ROTG, if you saw it of course?

Edited by iEye, 28 February 2013 - 12:27 PM.

whoot

whoot

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • 2 topics
Long story, but we did not get to see RotG, though it was not for lack of trying. Let's just say viruses suck.

I am definitely planning on buying it though. I've heard too many good things about it.

CEDAR

CEDAR

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,635 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 20 topics
  • LocationMichigan
This was way below my radar until I started hearing from everyone and their moms that they can't wait for this movie. I would be genuinely shocked every time since this just doesn't look all that special to me.

I can see this opening to 55m and ending somewhere around 210m.

Edited by CEDAR, 28 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•
C.E.D.A.R `•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

Cmasterclay

Cmasterclay

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts
  • 15 topics
  • LocationMiami/Washington D.C
This movie isnt even close to my radar, so I'm not exactly in position to judge, but I havent seen or heard one peep from this movie.
IFFFFF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL......WHAT THE CLAY.......IS........COOKIN!

Age of Robertron

Age of Robertron

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts
  • 40 topics
  • LocationSydney, Australia
It looks really good, IMHO.

Except the fact that Emma Stones character looks like Miley Cyrus is kind of off-putting.

kayumanggi

kayumanggi

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,557 posts
  • 127 topics
  • LocationPilipinas

Emma's character looks better than Miley. lol

happyphilippines.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users