Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Twitter Futures: 'A Good Day to Die Hard' (via BOXOFFICE.com)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,373 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics
Full Article: http://www.boxoffice...ard-for-mon-121

We're edging closer to February and that means 2013's first bona fide big budget movie is around the corner. A Good Day to Die Hard, the fifth installment in its series, hits theaters on Thursday, February 14. Where's the online buzz been at compared to recent action flicks?

Let's start with the good news: For the period representing four weeks out from release (January 17-21) A Good Day to Die Hard tallied 6,670 tweets. Some of the surge in that number on January 20 and 21 (which accounted for a combined 71 percent of the tweet share) was due to the announcement of Die Hard movie marathons in theaters across North America. Still, the Twitter activity represents a higher total at the same point in the release cycle versus Taken 2 (5,971), Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (4,586), The Expendables 2 (4,222) and The Bourne Legacy (1,550).

Bad news: ...

Edited by ShawnMR, 24 January 2013 - 09:47 AM.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

CJohn

CJohn

Global Phenomenon

• General Moderator
  • 38,516 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 547 topics
  • LocationPortugal
I say it disappoints. 38M over the first 5 days.

Edited by CJohn, 24 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Next 4 Weeks Predictions (Updates on Mondays and Thursdays):

- As Above So Below - 10/12/24 | The November Man - 9/11/13/24

- September 4 weekend is a disgrace, kill it with fire

- Dolphin Tale 2 - 12/42 | No Good Deed - 15/35

The Maze Runner - 22/60 | A Walk Among the Tombstones - 18/55 | This is Where I Leave You - 7/22 

JackO

JackO

SAG/AFTRA

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 2 topics
  • LocationMe Chi Gain
I think it will go down since last one kind of turned franchise into blatant cashgrab

TOP 24​ Most Accurate  USER for Oscar nominations 2012! Check out my 2013 predicts on the Gold Derby User Page now!   :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users