Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Boxoffice.com: Can Cruise Deliver with 'Jack Reacher'?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,373 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics
http://www.boxoffice...cher-for-wedthu

Between Jack Reacher, This Is 40, Django Unchained, and Les Miserables, this holiday season is jam-packed with films vying for the crucial adult audience. Considering the male-leaning subject matters, Django(which is receiving stellar reviews thus far) may ultimately be the biggest concern to Tom Cruise's latest thriller, Jack Reacher. With no other action-driven film targeted mainly for adults having released since November 9's Skyfall, the question is willReacher be able to deliver?

Judging by social media buzz, the signs aren't as encouraging as Paramount would probably like for them to be.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

Jack Nevada

Jack Nevada

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,924 posts
  • Joined November 13, 2011
  • 212 topics
  • LocationFinland
Will Jack Reacher deliver? No.

CJohn

CJohn

Global Phenomenon

• General Moderator
  • 39,026 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 572 topics
  • LocationPortugal
I bet it will be a great movie, and I can't wait to see it but it only opens here on December 27.

Box office wise, it will disappoint.

Next 4 Weeks Predictions (Updates on Mondays and Thursdays):

The Maze Runner - 29/93 | A Walk Among the Tombstones - 17/55 | This is Where I Leave You - 12/35

- The Equalizer - 34/103 | The Boxtrolls - 9/27

- Annabelle - 46/90 | Gone Girl - 25/92

- Disney's Alexander - 16/53 | The Judge - 11/35 | Dracula Untold - 20/50

Clavius

Clavius

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined May 06, 2012
  • 28 topics
  • LocationUS
I'm rooting for this one.

Vanilla

Vanilla

Junior Admin

• Junior Admin
  • 1,510 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 273 topics
  • LocationU.S.A
I'm hoping.

JackO

JackO

SAG/AFTRA

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 2 topics
  • LocationMe Chi Gain
Good predict. I am going slightly lower then that. Around 12mish. Uninspired marketing campaign and so so reviews along with December will keep it in check.

TOP 24​ Most Accurate  USER for Oscar nominations 2012! Check out my 2013 predicts on the Gold Derby User Page now!   :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users