Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Which song can represent American culture the most in the past decades ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

firedeep

firedeep

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,273 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 268 topics
  • LocationChina
Ok, I dont know much about music/songs but I really love some old classic pop/rock/jazz/ACM songs, like Hotel California, can't help falling in love with you, yesterday once more, Take Me Home Country Road, etc. I also like Ketty Perry, GaGa.... :)just curious. Which classic song can represent the American culture the most ?

kayumanggi

kayumanggi

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,408 posts
  • 137 topics
  • LocationPilipinas
Friday.

happyphilippines.gif

tribefan695

tribefan695

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,670 posts
  • 134 topics
I know it's pretty much a cliche to say this, but "Pink Houses" by John Mellencamp represents America just as well today as it did when it was released. Just pay attention to the lyrics and don't assume from the chorus that it's promoting jingoism.

JqdcLDa.gif

Sixteen16

Sixteen16

Box Office Gold

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • 6 topics
  • LocationJurassic Park, The Matrix
I think for a song to represent American culture it needs to known by the public and embedded into popular culture and instantly known and recognizable. I honestly think that "Material Girl" by Madonna and "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi would both best represent American culture today as they did in the 80s.

House Cozmees of Everdeen

House Cozmees of Everdeen

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • 18 topics
  • LocationOhio
Sometimes I can't help but think that "Welcome to the Jungle" by GNR should be the National Anthem. Especially the "it gets worse here every day" part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users