Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BOXOFFICE Magazine Vault

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,373 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics
For those not familiar with Boxoffice.com or Boxoffice Magazine yet, the print magazine has been around for the better part of a century in some fashion. If you haven't perused around each of the sites yet, I highly recommend doing so...one of the little gems that I personally love is The Vault:

http://www.boxoffice...e.com/the_vault

Edited by ShawnMR, 16 March 2012 - 07:41 AM.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

CrispyLips

CrispyLips

Victoria Concordia Crescit

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 122 topics
  • LocationDenmark
Thanks Shawn that's really useful.

I've had my ups and downs, my fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds, that is what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you, what you see is a body crafted to perfection, a pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physics and a mindset to master the most EPIC of splits. #HAIL NOLAN

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,373 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 462 topics
I wish I had access to these issues years ago! I remember collecting Cinescape and Starlog as a kid, my two favorite movie magazines at the time.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

DAR

DAR

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,600 posts
  • 119 topics
  • LocationWisconsin
So I looked at 1977 to see if there was anything about Star Wars. But looking at the covers in February, Supervan was released and then in March, the Van was released. So we had dueling Van movies one year.

baumer

baumer

• General Moderator
  • 40,463 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 1,758 topics
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake
Wow! I'm reading the November 1985 issue because of Rocky IV. They say the biggest budget that Christmas was 50 million dollars for Santa Clause the Movie starring Dudley Moore and David Huddleston (who?). That's a massive budget in 1985.

This is great...love it.

If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone.

RichWS

RichWS

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,927 posts
  • Joined November 10, 2011
  • 8 topics
  • LocationNew London, CT
This is awesome.

CrispyLips

CrispyLips

Victoria Concordia Crescit

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • 122 topics
  • LocationDenmark
I am gonna start reading every issue starting from tomorrow.

I've had my ups and downs, my fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds, that is what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you, what you see is a body crafted to perfection, a pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physics and a mindset to master the most EPIC of splits. #HAIL NOLAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users