Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Is NOAH Tracking Online Compared to SON OF GOD?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,380 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 463 topics

The first tracking for Paramount Pictures' and Darren Aronofsky's Noah began spreading around the industry on Monday. Today, we look at the film's buzz across the major social media platforms.

On Twitter, the film is pacing well ahead of the same-point pre-release discussion levels of Son of God andNon-Stop by 73 percent and 58 percent, respectively. Unfortunately, Noah has yet to consistently rank among the top ten tweeted films. In its defense, the online sector is only one component of the larger general audience which the pic is targeting.

Interest from the Facebook community is respectable. Noah increased its number of fans by over 29 percent in the last week, giving it a total of 281,199 through March 10. That's short of Son of God's 421,586 fans at the same point, although that film was adding new "likes" at less than half the current pace of Noah... (more)

Full Story: http://www.boxoffice...rk-futures-noah

Edited by ShawnMR, 11 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

ChD

ChD

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,630 posts
  • Joined September 18, 2012
  • 59 topics
  • LocationHogwarts

Now, I honestly think the number you guys are predicting seems about right. I'd go with 40, though, mainly because it's got very known actors. I know the religious subject and the fact that it's not that true to the source material, appealing to a limited audience and actually pushing that limited audience away, respectively, can be a problem to the movie, but the actors in this movie, despite them not being really successful when it comes to box office (recently, at least), still have a fan base, not that big, but it's there, and people will go to see that.

I deduct that the 36M OW you predict is based on everything that happens on Facebook, Twitter and that last site whose name I will never remember, but you have to take in consideration the names that appear in this. This is a movie that I hope will manage to appeal to people outside its target audience.

Multiplier, on the other hand, depends on how good the movie is. If it's actually good, it will go from there. It doesn't look limited (from the trailers), so normal movie goers might get into it if they hear good things about it.

"You can have all the faith in spirits and the afterlife, heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot, because you can tell that you put your faith in God to get through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways."

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."

35c3g42.jpg

Snoopy of Suburbia

Snoopy of Suburbia

Flop

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,231 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 119 topics
  • LocationThe North Star State.
I am going with a 60m OW.
This is the End of Box Office Forums
A fan fiction story with box office forums members read it here
http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/15520-this-is-the-end-of-box-office-forums-august-2014-trailer-on-page-4-and-part-1-on-page-4/

ShawnMR

ShawnMR

• Forum Admin
  • 14,380 posts
  • Joined November 04, 2011
  • 463 topics

Now, I honestly think the number you guys are predicting seems about right. I'd go with 40, though, mainly because it's got very known actors. I know the religious subject and the fact that it's not that true to the source material, appealing to a limited audience and actually pushing that limited audience away, respectively, can be a problem to the movie, but the actors in this movie, despite them not being really successful when it comes to box office (recently, at least), still have a fan base, not that big, but it's there, and people will go to see that.

I deduct that the 36M OW you predict is based on everything that happens on Facebook, Twitter and that last site whose name I will never remember, but you have to take in consideration the names that appear in this. This is a movie that I hope will manage to appeal to people outside its target audience.

Multiplier, on the other hand, depends on how good the movie is. If it's actually good, it will go from there. It doesn't look limited (from the trailers), so normal movie goers might get into it if they hear good things about it.

Without going into too much detail, Facebook/Twitter/Flixster are components in our predictions but none of us rely on them exclusively. It's an extra tool alongside all of our other individual methods. :)

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

Superman001

Superman001

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,236 posts
  • Joined June 16, 2013
  • 12 topics
  • LocationNY

For some reason I think superman added some new zest and fandom back to Russel Crowe's brand.. .I think people are mighty interested again.

I do believe a 45-60M OW or better could happen.

What do you think Shawn.. For instance I actually watched Gladiator so much, because I loved Crowe in those MOS Trailers and in the film... And alot of people commented on Kostner and Crowes being insanely good standouts in the picture. Now we seeing both being in high demand again. (There must be like 3 -4 films coming out with Kevin Kostners name on it so far this year) lol

Wow.. Perhaps Noah will be a huge comeback for Crowe to start getting even bigger deals.

I also liked him in American Gangster, though that films getting old now too.

Blankments

Blankments

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,136 posts
  • Joined June 27, 2012
  • 97 topics
  • LocationIndiana

I feel like this'll do better than most expect. feeling the buzz rise

lilmac

lilmac

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts
  • Joined April 26, 2012
  • 152 topics

$40-45m sounds about right..

I believe in God as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

I was blind, but now I see.

Cmasterclay

Cmasterclay

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 17 topics
  • LocationMiami/Washington D.C

I'm feeling a lot of buzz for this film, and not in the negative "anti-religious" sense, but it isn't otherworldly levels or anything. I think right around 45 million seems reasonable right now. 

IFFFFF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL......WHAT THE CLAY.......IS........COOKIN!

Vanilla

Vanilla

Junior Admin

• Junior Admin
  • 1,535 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 273 topics
  • LocationU.S.A

For some reason I think superman added some new zest and fandom back to Russel Crowe's brand.. .I think people are mighty interested again.

I do believe a 45-60M OW or better could happen.

What do you think Shawn.. For instance I actually watched Gladiator so much, because I loved Crowe in those MOS Trailers and in the film... And alot of people commented on Kostner and Crowes being insanely good standouts in the picture. Now we seeing both being in high demand again. (There must be like 3 -4 films coming out with Kevin Kostners name on it so far this year) lol

Wow.. Perhaps Noah will be a huge comeback for Crowe to start getting even bigger deals.

I also liked him in American Gangster, though that films getting old now too.

Winter's Tale?

I guess we will let that one slide. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users