Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370. BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

riczhang

riczhang

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 34 topics
  • LocationAround the World

I'm gonna be flying alot within the next month so incidents like this are scary to hear about but also a bit reassuring because I know it only happens once a year or so. Sorry I know that's selfish and morbid but it's my first thought.

This. I fly pretty often, both personally and on business, and I was actually getting onto a plane from Toronto to Vancouver just as this news broke. Even though I knew the route was extremely safe and I was going to be fine, it still kinda shocked and scared me a bit. It's definitely not a piece of news that you want to hear, especially since I rarely fly that route.

But this is super strange now. Like it's been 3-4 days now and how the hell have we not found a trace of this plane? Even Air France, which landed in the middle of the ocean was found about a day or two into the operation. A plane this size honestly can't just disappear.  

Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,929 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2011
  • 55 topics
  • LocationVictoria

I hope its not another case of stupid pilots like Air France jet in the Atlantic ocean.

Pretty much pilots get the plane into a stall after hitting turbulence and instead of putting the nose down they rev the engines and try to pull up causing it to literally fall out of the air.

Its really maddening because even a person who has an hour of flight time can prevent such a disaster. There have been quite a few like the Buffalo one.

However to be fair plane crashes are more rare these days then before.

You obviously didn't read the full report on the accident. Ice blocked the pitot tubes leading to inconsistent speeds being given and the switch from auto pilot to alternate law. If that hadn't happened there would be no accident. They also weren't trained to deal with anything close to that situation as well. So while the pilots do deserve fault it wasn't as if they caused the crash themselves they just didn't know what was happening and didn't do anything to stop the descent. No ice = no crash.
Box Office Total Game!

Put your box office knowledge to the test! Let's see who really is the best predictor on the site for the year! Come one come all!

Lordmandeep

Lordmandeep

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,379 posts
  • Joined March 24, 2012
  • 35 topics
  • LocationToronto

You obviously didn't read the full report on the accident. Ice blocked the pitot tubes leading to inconsistent speeds being given and the switch from auto pilot to alternate law. If that hadn't happened there would be no accident. They also weren't trained to deal with anything close to that situation as well. So while the pilots do deserve fault it wasn't as if they caused the crash themselves they just didn't know what was happening and didn't do anything to stop the descent. No ice = no crash.

That is like saying there ice on the road but you instead you over steer like a crazy person and then blame the entire accident on the ice.

There is no doubt the ice caused a instrument failure but why on earth he pulled the airplane up made no sense in that dramatic manner. He literally caused the plane to stall and the stall warning went on for near a minute..

Even then he could have put the nose down which anyone who has any experience knows is what you do when you stall. However instead he just waited for the pilot. 

There have been cases where something goes wrong and the pilots react. 

THE DARK PRINCE

vegeta.gif

lab276

lab276

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,313 posts
  • 41 topics
  • LocationSydney
It's pretty easy to say "well you would this and this and that" from the comfort of your living room.

aDIM Stormborn

aDIM Stormborn

Global Phenomenon

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,181 posts
  • 38 topics

This. I fly pretty often, both personally and on business, and I was actually getting onto a plane from Toronto to Vancouver just as this news broke. Even though I knew the route was extremely safe and I was going to be fine, it still kinda shocked and scared me a bit. It's definitely not a piece of news that you want to hear, especially since I rarely fly that route.

But this is super strange now. Like it's been 3-4 days now and how the hell have we not found a trace of this plane? Even Air France, which landed in the middle of the ocean was found about a day or two into the operation. A plane this size honestly can't just disappear.  

Mmm. I read the news about the Air France plane disappearing 5 minutes before boarding a trans-Atlantic flight. I made sure to tell everyone else sitting around me about it just so I wouldn't be the only paranoid one :wacko:

Come to think of it, this happens pretty often, planes crashing right around the time I'm about to have a flight. There was one over the summer too, but I forget which now.

tumblr_n2shz9lY5e1qlq05po2_250.gif

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  • Joined December 13, 2011
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia
Meteorite strike.

#ED

#ED

A few months from now...

• Junior Moderator
  • 17,381 posts
  • Joined July 24, 2012
  • 90 topics
  • LocationNew York , NY

Some relatives desperately searching for answers in Beijing said they heard a ringtone when dialing the cellphones of some of the missing passengers, making them think the phones were still online.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2vfZyjuaX

Conspiracy?

Someone tell Baumer.

Edited by #ED, 11 March 2014 - 07:49 AM.

grim22

grim22

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts
  • Joined June 14, 2012
  • 125 topics

Some relatives desperately searching for answers in Beijing said they heard a ringtone when dialing the cellphones of some of the missing passengers, making them think the phones were still online.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2vfZyjuaX

Conspiracy?

Someone tell Baumer.

This whole incident sounds more and more like "Lost" everyday. Soon we will hear theories as to how the plane is stuck in an alternate dimension or something.

U1ZhmzK.gif

dashrendar44

dashrendar44

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts
  • Joined November 21, 2012
  • 6 topics
  • LocationLe Big Mac

That is like saying there ice on the road but you instead you over steer like a crazy person and then blame the entire accident on the ice.

There is no doubt the ice caused a instrument failure but why on earth he pulled the airplane up made no sense in that dramatic manner. He literally caused the plane to stall and the stall warning went on for near a minute..

Even then he could have put the nose down which anyone who has any experience knows is what you do when you stall. However instead he just waited for the pilot. 

There have been cases where something goes wrong and the pilots react. 

Yeah right, of course, armchair pilot.

"

LadyEvenstar22

LadyEvenstar22

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Joined November 23, 2011
  • 16 topics
  • Locationlittle rock under the scorching sun, CARIBBEAN

hindsight is 20/20 bet every pilot who died agrees 

people react differently to the unexpected, they have the lives of hundreds of people in their hands 

that pilot who landed the plane in the hudson is lauded as a hero but could easily have been blamed to some extent after the fact  

maybe the plane was abducted by aliens *mind blown lol*

its really 50/50 whether attempts result in lives saved , its starting to get real weird they can't find anything , enlist the darn space station, all that junk in space can't zoom in ?

good luck to the search rescuers though finding a needle in a haystack 

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" LOTR (real fans watch the extended editions)

"it is not pleasant for me to say these things but i must tell you the truth while i can, proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel trusting that sometimes you'll do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now" Mr Knightley to Emma

winter_in_coming_by_deviantartds-d6feeit

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  • Joined December 13, 2011
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia

This is quiet possible getting even more bizarre.  Latest reports are that the plane did an almost 180° turn and went back across Malaysia and in to the Straits of Malacca.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

This means it would have to have flown almost directly over one of Malaysia's major Air Force Bases.

http://en.wikipedia....ase_Butterworth

Edited by DeeCee, 11 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

LadyEvenstar22

LadyEvenstar22

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Joined November 23, 2011
  • 16 topics
  • Locationlittle rock under the scorching sun, CARIBBEAN
hmmm could it be the air force blew the plane up after hijackers wanted to crash it into a public place and they shoot it down now they're pretending not to know what happen ? clearly non-stop is still fresh on my mind

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" LOTR (real fans watch the extended editions)

"it is not pleasant for me to say these things but i must tell you the truth while i can, proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel trusting that sometimes you'll do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now" Mr Knightley to Emma

winter_in_coming_by_deviantartds-d6feeit

C00k13

C00k13

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • 7 topics
  • LocationLa Suede

Could explain why the military hasn't found anything where the plane originally lost contact.

Though the Strait of Malacca is one of the most trafficated waters in the world and there hasn't been any reports on ships coming across plane wreckage yet...

Edited by C00k13, 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Heretic

Heretic

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,347 posts
  • 34 topics
  • LocationLondon

There's been increasing evidence that the plane was sucked into another dimension. 

''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.''

CoolioD1

CoolioD1

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,793 posts
  • 63 topics
  • LocationLocation Location

anyone ever see that stephen king miniseries from the 90s where that plane flew through a hole in the space-time continuum or some shit? what was that called?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,677 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2011
  • 238 topics
  • LocationLV426

anyone ever see that stephen king miniseries from the 90s where that plane flew through a hole in the space-time continuum or some @#!*% ? what was that called?

I remember that, it was really creepy, until the stupid ending....
Want to see read about your favorite box office members fight in deadly battles? Escape from 500 foot monsters? Face greedy dangerous supervillians?Then read the Boxoffice Forums Hunger Games!http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14987-1st-annual-forum-hunger-games-sign-up-now-by-pm/

C00k13

C00k13

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • 7 topics
  • LocationLa Suede

anyone ever see that stephen king miniseries from the 90s where that plane flew through a hole in the space-time continuum or some shit? what was that called?

The Langoliers.

Snoopy of Suburbia

Snoopy of Suburbia

Flop

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,321 posts
  • 111 topics
  • LocationThe North Star State.

This is such a weird case. How can nothing have been found. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

baumer

baumer

• General Moderator
  • 40,420 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 1,758 topics
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake

Langoliers was awesome because basically Pac-Men ate time, and that's why time travel wasn't possible.  :)

If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone.

Telemachos

Telemachos

Mad Millerite

• Junior Admin
  • 30,299 posts
  • Joined November 11, 2011
  • 678 topics
  • LocationLos Angeles

"The Langoliers" is one of Stephen King's best stories. The mini-series did not do it justice at all.

Back to reality, though... honestly, the ocean is huge. Really frickin' huge. If they were searching in the wrong area (based on the original flight path, not the latest information) it's not surprising they haven't found anything yet.

FdxX0OJ.png

No Lumps No Bumps | Two Good Eyes | Piss OK Genitals Intact | Multiple Scars Heals Fast | O-Negative Hi Octane | Universal Donor | Lone Road Warrior Rundown | The Powder Lakes (No) | Psychotic | Muzzled

Disturbingly, Noctis predicted my son's birthday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users