Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370. BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

Telemachos

Telemachos

Mad Millerite

• Junior Admin
  • 30,334 posts
  • Joined November 11, 2011
  • 678 topics
  • LocationLos Angeles

You get a cookie. :)

FdxX0OJ.png

No Lumps No Bumps | Two Good Eyes | Piss OK Genitals Intact | Multiple Scars Heals Fast | O-Negative Hi Octane | Universal Donor | Lone Road Warrior Rundown | The Powder Lakes (No) | Psychotic | Muzzled

Disturbingly, Noctis predicted my son's birthday.

lilmac

lilmac

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Joined April 26, 2012
  • 138 topics

The closest airport to land on was back where they came from. He was probably trying to turn around to go back to the airport manually (a fire probably would've knocked out the autopilot feature), but passed out from the smoke before he could and the plane continued until it ran out of fuel. It makes the most logical sense and has happened before in aviation.

Sounds reasonable to me. Fortunately signs of a fire can be easily ascertained once we find the wreckage.

I believe in God as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

I was blind, but now I see.

Lordmandeep

Lordmandeep

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,379 posts
  • Joined March 24, 2012
  • 35 topics
  • LocationToronto

The area is remote for the ocean...

It is a part of the ocean that always has storms and such.

THE DARK PRINCE

vegeta.gif

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • Joined December 13, 2011
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia

I just found out my boss flew a Malaysian Airlines 777 less then 24 hours before this flight.

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia
The Chinese claim they have found a signal that matches the Black Box pinger.

http://edition.cnn.c...intl-homepage-t

Edited by DeeCee, 05 April 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Sixteen16

Sixteen16

Sleeper Hit

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 5 topics
  • LocationJurassic Park, The Matrix

So whatever happened with the wreckage?

LadyEvenstar22

LadyEvenstar22

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Joined November 23, 2011
  • 16 topics
  • Locationlittle rock under the scorching sun, CARIBBEAN
Still M.I.A. Is what I'm getting from all this ... Getting tired of the maybe tense that doesn't pan out whatever happen to the debris they found still don't know if its from the plane or just sea junk ?

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" LOTR (real fans watch the extended editions)

"it is not pleasant for me to say these things but i must tell you the truth while i can, proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel trusting that sometimes you'll do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now" Mr Knightley to Emma

winter_in_coming_by_deviantartds-d6feeit

Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2011
  • 55 topics
  • LocationVictoria
The Chinese found a second signal on Saturday in the same area as well as an Australian ship 300 miles away.
Box Office Total Game!

Put your box office knowledge to the test! Let's see who really is the best predictor on the site for the year! Come one come all!

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia

An Australian military vessel has detected signals consistent with those emitted by an aircraft black box, indicating a potential breakthrough in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Two separate signals have been detected by Australian Defence Vessel Ocean Shield in the northern part of the search area.

In what he called "a most promising lead", Air Chief Marshal (ret) Angus Houston revealed that "the pinger locator has detected signals consistent with those emitted by aircraft black boxes".

af-tpl2-20140407141649620128-620x349.jpg

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2yAysiTL7

LadyEvenstar22

LadyEvenstar22

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • 16 topics

can't stand maybe and potential tense use so far , when exactly will they know for sure as in fact 

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" LOTR (real fans watch the extended editions)

"it is not pleasant for me to say these things but i must tell you the truth while i can, proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel trusting that sometimes you'll do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now" Mr Knightley to Emma

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia

They're pretty sure the signals they are getting are from the black box.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

140409064950-01-malaysia-airlines-0409-h

The Panda

The Panda

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts
  • Joined October 06, 2013
  • 57 topics

I'm going to be completely honest, seeing this as the number one news story every single days really bugs me, it's obvious it is the new cover story to hide the news the government/media would prefer the public not to read.

Seriously, I keep seeing 

BREAKING NEWS: Searchers possibly optimistic about their searchers in the Indian Ocean again...For real this time, no seriously for real.

While stories like the stabbing of thirty high school students, the Fort Hood shooting, the Pro-Russian seize of Ukrainian government buildings, etc. were barely mentioned anywjere.

The Panda's 100 Most Important Blockbusters

(http://forums.boxoff...om-1975-to-now/)

Lazer Deadshot

Lazer Deadshot

Indie Sensation

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined February 18, 2014
  • 8 topics
Aliens took the plane.

Spottswoode

Spottswoode

Formerly Phil in the Blank

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  • 46 topics
  • LocationAustralia mate

I'm going to be completely honest, seeing this as the number one news story every single days really bugs me, it's obvious it is the new cover story to hide the news the government/media would prefer the public not to read.

Seriously, I keep seeing

BREAKING NEWS: Searchers possibly optimistic about their searchers in the Indian Ocean again...For real this time, no seriously for real.

While stories like the stabbing of thirty high school students, the Fort Hood shooting, the Pro-Russian seize of Ukrainian government buildings, etc. were barely mentioned anywjere.

Nonsense. This is the number one news story day after day because that is what is bringing in thr viewer numbers. I mean just look on our own forum as evidence of that. Compare the size of this thread tor other 'more important' stories. There is no need to bring in government conspiracies when commercial realities make for a far simpler explanation.

BKB #1

BKB #1

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts
  • Joined November 16, 2011
  • 88 topics
  • LocationEagerly Awaiting The AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON With Less Than 1 Year Away

They only have so much time left to locate the black box, send down a robot of some kind to retrieve it because they only have something like 30 days before, well, that's it... At this point, I'm not seeing it happening.. Were talking ocean that's nearly 3 miles deep..

http://www.libertypages.com/clark/img/supermanflight.jpg

LadyEvenstar22

LadyEvenstar22

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • 16 topics
How badly do they want to find it ? Really? One has to wonder at this juncture

Jandrew

Jandrew

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,461 posts
  • Joined December 15, 2011
  • 13 topics
  • LocationThe Fina' Carolina's

I have CNN notifications on my iphone and this is literally my phone every morning...

March 8: Indonesian plane carry 238 passengers is missing.

March 9: No sign of plane. Could be terrorist related or malfunction.

March 10: Satellite data suggests plane likely in South China Sea. Likely went to 40,000 feet.

March 11: Disappearance likely not terrorist related. Pilots in question. Plane likely not in South China Sea.

March 12: Pilots homes raided. Still no knowledge of the plane whereabouts. Likely in Gulf of Thailand.

March 13: Plane could have veered of course towards Pakistan, but likely in the Gulf of Thailand.

March 15: Plane was not found in Pakistan. Plane likely crashed in Gulf of Thailand.

March 16: Plane went off course and debris likely found. Plane likely not in The Gulf of Thailand.

March 17: Pilots likely not terrorists. Plane could have landed in Andaman Island or Andaman Sea.

March 18: New satellite data suggests plane did not land in Andaman Sea or Andaman Island.

March 19: New debris found. Plane likely crashed in Bay of Bengal.

March 21: New satellite data of debris suggests plane likely crashed in the Bay of Bengal.

March 24: Debris not related to plane. New satellite data of debris suggests plane likely crashed in the Indian Ocean.

March 25: Debris not related to plane. Plane likely in the South Indian Ocean. Ships have been dispatched.

March 28: Debris not related to plane. Search crews are still hopeful to find plane.

April 1: Search crews feel they are close to finding the plane. Debris likely found and ships sent out.

April 2: Debris not related to plane. Crews are likely where plane was last seen.

Arpril 3: Possible ping from black boxes found.

April 5: Ships being sent to site of possible site of black boxes.

April 8: Pings likely coming from black boxes. Ships are near.

April 10: Ships are likely near the black boxes. 

April 12: Black box batteries likely dead.

April 13: It's been 37 days. Black box batteries likely dead. Ships likely to try to use sonar.

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE THIS??

TOMORROW. IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN. FORUM GAMES PART 18! READ 17 NOW!

Spottswoode

Spottswoode

Formerly Phil in the Blank

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  • 46 topics
  • LocationAustralia mate

How badly do they want to find it ? Really? One has to wonder at this juncture

Imagine trying to find a needle in a hay stack the size of the U.S.A and thats pretty much what they are trying to do right now....

DeeCee

DeeCee

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • 67 topics
  • LocationAustralia
CNN has really covered all the angles.

BKB #1

BKB #1

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts
  • Joined November 16, 2011
  • 88 topics
  • LocationEagerly Awaiting The AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON With Less Than 1 Year Away

I have CNN notifications on my iphone and this is literally my phone every morning...

March 8: Indonesian plane carry 238 passengers is missing.

March 9: No sign of plane. Could be terrorist related or malfunction.

March 10: Satellite data suggests plane likely in South China Sea. Likely went to 40,000 feet.

March 11: Disappearance likely not terrorist related. Pilots in question. Plane likely not in South China Sea.

March 12: Pilots homes raided. Still no knowledge of the plane whereabouts. Likely in Gulf of Thailand.

March 13: Plane could have veered of course towards Pakistan, but likely in the Gulf of Thailand.

March 15: Plane was not found in Pakistan. Plane likely crashed in Gulf of Thailand.

March 16: Plane went off course and debris likely found. Plane likely not in The Gulf of Thailand.

March 17: Pilots likely not terrorists. Plane could have landed in Andaman Island or Andaman Sea.

March 18: New satellite data suggests plane did not land in Andaman Sea or Andaman Island.

March 19: New debris found. Plane likely crashed in Bay of Bengal.

March 21: New satellite data of debris suggests plane likely crashed in the Bay of Bengal.

March 24: Debris not related to plane. New satellite data of debris suggests plane likely crashed in the Indian Ocean.

March 25: Debris not related to plane. Plane likely in the South Indian Ocean. Ships have been dispatched.

March 28: Debris not related to plane. Search crews are still hopeful to find plane.

April 1: Search crews feel they are close to finding the plane. Debris likely found and ships sent out.

April 2: Debris not related to plane. Crews are likely where plane was last seen.

Arpril 3: Possible ping from black boxes found.

April 5: Ships being sent to site of possible site of black boxes.

April 8: Pings likely coming from black boxes. Ships are near.

April 10: Ships are likely near the black boxes. 

April 12: Black box batteries likely dead.

April 13: It's been 37 days. Black box batteries likely dead. Ships likely to try to use sonar.

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE THIS??

1480161-chris_hansen_watching_you.gif

http://www.libertypages.com/clark/img/supermanflight.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users