Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Requiem for a Dream

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Requiem for a Dream

Requiem for a Dream

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vanilla

Vanilla

Junior Admin

• Junior Admin
  • 1,501 posts
  • Joined November 05, 2011
  • 273 topics
  • LocationU.S.A
Review/Discuss

Gopher

Gopher

Hail Hydra

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,032 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 78 topics
This is a devastating movie. I've never felt more uncomfortable or captivated during any film. It's powerful, disturbing, and Aronofsky's masterful hand makes it all come together.

A

Remains Aronofsky's best work to date.
Life is effort and I'll stop when I die!

IndustriousAngel

IndustriousAngel

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2011
  • 9 topics
  • LocationAustria
B
This was very painful to watch, even the "funny" scenes were very dark. The cinematography is spectacular, and as usual Aronofsky squeezes everything out of his actors - memorable and extreme performances. Excellent film, but only "B" from me because it's just too depressing, saw this once on the big screen and once at home and don't plan to watch it again. Except maybe a few selected scenes because of the sheer brilliance of the photography!
My favourite from Aronofsky would be "The Wrestler", nearly tied with "Black Swan".

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake." - H.D.Thoreau

acsc1312

acsc1312

Bastard in a basket

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,966 posts
  • 99 topics
  • LocationSan Antonio
I tried to love this movie, and while there were brilliant, brilliant moments, there was just too much scatter throughout, that I can't give this more than a B-. I need to watch it in full again, but for now it's just ok.

And so it goes, and so it goes. And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

Snoopy of Suburbia

Snoopy of Suburbia

Flop

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,148 posts
  • 114 topics
  • LocationThe North Star State.

One of the best films of the last decade. Such a powerful, depressing, horrific film. The acting, cinematography, and direction are brilliant. A must see film!

10/10

This is the End of Box Office Forums
A fan fiction story with box office forums members read it here
http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/15520-this-is-the-end-of-box-office-forums-august-2014-trailer-on-page-4-and-part-1-on-page-4/

tribefan695

tribefan695

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,135 posts
  • 132 topics

Wanna win the War on Drugs? Make this required viewing in every high school. A sickening yet absolutely captivating portrayal of four normal people destroying their lives through substance abuse. Everyone involved with this film appears to be on the same page with Aronofsky's surreal and horrifying vision.

A+, but I have no desire to ever watch it again. 

JqdcLDa.gif

The Stingray

The Stingray

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,758 posts
  • Joined February 09, 2013
  • 94 topics
  • LocationCarcosa

Still Aronofsky's best movie.

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchet-man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users