Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thor: TDW under X-Men Last Stand (234M)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

FilmBuff

FilmBuff

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationNorman

Btw, Squaremaster is a [mod edit]. I don't know why he continues to make these idiotic clubs.

Edited by Neo, 24 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

• Jesus of Suburbia likes this

Michael Tyrion Scott

Michael Tyrion Scott

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,965 posts
  • Locationmember of clone club
Hmm I will say out but it will be close 250
  • ECSTASY likes this
Hail Nolan

Talkie

Talkie

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationStark Tower

Well, when you put it that way, then it makes sense. I just would have liked to have seen someone for once put RDJ in his place :rolleyes:  I love him and all, but the hype about him/Iron Man is just a bit overboard.

That's like someone saying that they'd like to see Katniss die because they're tired of the ridiculous hype around JLaw/THG. 

Marvel mandated the Thor/Iron Man fight in order to show decisively what the power hierarchy on the team is. Without the 400% energy boost from Thor's lightning Iron Man clearly would have stood no chance, and even with it he was grossly overmatched. (That energy boost business is straight from the comics, by the way.) The fight was a fun way of showing unfamiliar viewers, who might have assumed that Iron Man could beat Thor, that the Asgardian is far more powerful than Tony Stark's suit. The Thor/Hulk fight was kind of a draw, similar to their older comic book battles, with fans of both a little pissed that neither decisively won. Marvel wanted it that way. It was fun for geeks and the GA alike, if they didn't over-think it. ;)  

• Olive likes this

Squaremaster316

Squaremaster316

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGotham

Btw, Squaremaster is a [mod edit]. I don't know why he continues to make these idiotic clubs.

It was taken out of my hands, [mod edit]. I originally had it at 303M

Edited by Neo, 24 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

"We'll never see Day-Lewis and Kubrick, we'll never see Kurosawa and Eastwood, but we have officially seen Bale and Nolan, an epic dream pairing come to life!"

31CDE416E14119D1E188D8AF98A964_h100_w400

"Out greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, cause our destiny... lies above us!"

- Interstellar (2014)

baumer

baumer

• General Moderator
  • 35,273 posts
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake
This club makes a lot more sense than under Hobbit.
  • CJohn, Captain Jack Sparrow, Blankments and 1 other like this

If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts
  • LocationLV4266

This club makes a lot more sense than under Hobbit.

That's why I suggested changing it to under Last Stand. :)
From Mango:
Everyone has something to be confident about. Even if it's stupid and pointless and entirely irrelevant, there is probably something you do better than everyone you know.

Talkie

Talkie

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationStark Tower

OUT

This is a silly club. I'll enjoy watching it go down in flames and the OP with it.

man-on-fire-o.gif

ECSTASY

ECSTASY

Don't Give Up On Your Dreams

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,636 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

OUT

This is a silly club. I'll enjoy watching it go down in flames and the OP with it.

man-on-fire-o.gif

:rofl:  :rofl:

I don't know though. Might not be so far fetched. Thor 1 was under 200m. I think 2 will have a nice little bump due to the Avengers effect. But how much I can't really guess. I can see it at 250m. So 234m is not that far fetched. I hope for more if it's as good as it looks.

Edited by ECSTASY, 24 September 2013 - 03:03 PM.

• acab likes this

bcK3U2S.gif

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts
  • LocationLV4266
So what are we thinking for OW? I say 90 mil.
From Mango:
Everyone has something to be confident about. Even if it's stupid and pointless and entirely irrelevant, there is probably something you do better than everyone you know.

ECSTASY

ECSTASY

Don't Give Up On Your Dreams

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,636 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Hmm I will say out but it will be close 250

That's what I'm thinking for Thor.

bcK3U2S.gif

Blankments

Blankments

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,156 posts
  • LocationIndiana

OUT 235M

WINNER OF THE WINTER GAME 

^me exercising my bragging rights

oU4aYgG.gif

Dragon 2 over 300M Flight

Jay Hollywood

Jay Hollywood

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts
  • LocationNo Ho

OUT

I don't think you could call a club silly that still says a movie could increase its growth by over 40m. 

• Jandrew likes this

fc7d665b-06cd-4091-91d0-c45246c52fd1.jpg

Neo

Neo

Global Phenomenon

• Archives & News Manager
  • 34,992 posts

MOD EDIT:

Reasons:

While Hemsworth is becoming a bigger name in the industry, he hasn't quite reached "box office draw" yet as some of his films have had lackluster returns, Unlike RDJ, who's only flop since his career resurrection has been the Soloist with everything else clearing 100M.

The Thor brand does not have a great deal or recognizable characters, rogue or otherwise, outside of Loki.  The villains in this film won't be known by many outside of the hardcore fanbase

Hunger Games: Catching fire comes out 2 weeks later, pretty much guaranteeing to gut out Thor's legs.

Loki was known outside the comic fans pre-May 2011 either. Really only SM, Supes and Batman are known to the general audiences and looking at villains not to many if any are known to this audience. If Thor does what it did for Loki forget about the Malekith explosion. Post Thor all 100M+ minus CiTW and Rush goes wide on Friday. Were where the leg cutters for TASM? Still made 262M, a great number for TDW.

You need to check into rehab if you think TA2 isn't going to make a dent in AVATAR 2's box office.. You are stoned dude and need to step back and re-evaluate what your saying... :sherlock: 

it ll be striving make half of what first one did

AVATAR 2  At best will do around 475-500M Domestic

VII Predictions

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Blockbuster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

I don't think this club is 'silly'. It's not all that far-fetched, as this is giving a 50M+ boost from the first one.

tumblr_mqis0s4iGY1r8c6hfo5_250.gif

"Exactly how am I supposed to work in a thank-you in there? Somehow it just won't seem sincere if I'm trying to slit his throat.”

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts
  • LocationLV4266
Since I created the title, and Baumer liked it enough to make it the title, can I be the Co creator of this thread? Like I get special recognition if this club succeeds. :)
From Mango:

CloneWars

CloneWars

Box Office Gold

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  • LocationDeath Star

I think Thor 2 gets at least $250M. $230M is too low for me. Avengers effect.

Visit my website, blog, and YouTube channel at www.empowerautismnow.com

BKB DEFEATS THE STREAK

BKB DEFEATS THE STREAK

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationCelebrating The End Of The Undertaker's Streak At WM XXX.. That's BEST for Business

Jesus, this thread is still around??? This is such an EPIC FAIL in the making that I'm gonna enjoy mocking the hell out of it after this achieves the number I predict??? This is going to be HUGE..

logicfail1.gif

http://www.libertypages.com/clark/img/supermanflight.jpg

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts
  • LocationLV4266
What movie is that from BKB?
From Mango:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts
  • LocationLV4266
But since I created the title of the thread, I deserve some credit if this succeeds, no?
From Mango:

BKB DEFEATS THE STREAK

BKB DEFEATS THE STREAK

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationCelebrating The End Of The Undertaker's Streak At WM XXX.. That's BEST for Business

What movie is that from BKB?

No movie.. Just an EPIC FAIL Gif I saw on another site, actually, it's the 25 Best EPIC FAIL Gifs and I thought it best represented this thread and how badly this is going to FAIL and it will..

http://www.libertypages.com/clark/img/supermanflight.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users