Cinebrate-web-banner-728x90

• Start New Topic
Welcome to the BoxOffice® Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in. Please note that forum accounts are separate from BoxOffice.com subscriber accounts.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What will be the biggest movie of Summer 2014?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Poll: What film will be the Number hit of 2014?

what film do you think will be the biggest hit in 2014

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Neo

Neo

Global Phenomenon

• Archives & News Manager
  • 38,145 posts
  • Joined November 08, 2011
  • 632 topics

Since it doesn't look as crowded as this past summer, I'm not sure yet that anything will.

Maybe Fast 7.

You need to check into rehab if you think TA2 isn't going to make a dent in AVATAR 2's box office

VII Predictions

Unless Cameron offers SMELL-O-VISION with AVATAR 2, It's not doing more than 400M Plus ..  And YES, I'll bet AVATAR 2 doesn't do more than at best 425M Domestic

mahnamahna

mahnamahna

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Joined July 02, 2013
  • 21 topics

People saying TGD and Dragon 2 are forgetting that LEGO, MP&S, Nut Job, and Rio 2 are all animated movies coming out beforehand. Also TASM2, Cap 2, Heaven Is For Real, Divergent, and Muppets Most Wanted will be competing for family audiences. That's alot of potential money for families to spend before summer, and with prices just going to get higher next year, I think families are growing more cautious. Just to take my gf is pushing $20, imagine a family of 4 or 5+, even with matinee.

Dragon 2 and TGD are the 2 only big animated movies of the summer, but that doesn't mean people are just going to forget about all those movies before then and give those 2 a free pass. Most people don't realize summer movie season ends after LD and starts in May because people are still busy with school, exams, work, and back to school. I start school on Tuesday and so does everyone else in my state who hasn't already started back - some places did in July.

Also, just because DM2 hit $300M doesn't mean its now going to be common practice. Most people are doing the same thing they did with Skyfall. Because SF hit $1B WW, "now every 2D movie will hit it". Now that DM2 hit $300M, Dragon can because "Dragon was loved just as much". DM1 was already sitting at $251. Dragon 1 is sitting at $217 so it has a farther way to go/grow. No original animated movie hit $300M since 2003. I dont see at all why TGD is so special, Pixar's last original effort was Brave and apparently it was polarizing. And when FN hit $300M, Jungle Book 2 was the only animated movie before it ($47M) and the only family competition was Daddy Day Care, Holes, Kangaroo Jack, Agent Cody Banks, and Lizzie McGuire Movie -- all weaker as a whole than whats all coming before TGD.

I think TF4 wins the summer and I think Dragon 2 and TGD put up amazing grosses - as of right now, Dragon $230-260 and TGD $230-$240 with no footage, but saying $300M for either is just crazy talk IMO. Dragon would have to explode more than DM and when you compare the Minions vs Toothless, I don't see it. Just my two cents.

In what world is Divergent remotely family friendly?!

Cmasterclay

Cmasterclay

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • 15 topics
  • LocationMiami/Washington D.C

I'm interested to hear why people think TF4 might decrease so much.

IFFFFF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL......WHAT THE CLAY.......IS........COOKIN!

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

Divergent will attract mainly teenage girls, just like Beautiful Creatures, The Host, and Mortal Instruments.

tumblr_mqis0s4iGY1r8c6hfo5_250.gif

Stingray, Ethan Hunt, Films, Dragon, Jessie, Noctis, ShawnMR, and Mango!!! You have been challenged to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! You have 24 hours to take this challenge on!!! (see thread in Real World) Good luck!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2011
  • 249 topics
  • LocationLV426

I highly doubt TF3 was recieved as "badly" as Spider Man 3.
Want to see read about your favorite box office members fight in deadly battles? Escape from 500 foot monsters? Face greedy dangerous supervillians?Then read the Boxoffice Forums Hunger Games!http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14987-1st-annual-forum-hunger-games-sign-up-now-by-pm/

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

I highly doubt TF3 was recieved as "badly" as Spider Man 3.

Spiderman 3 was atrocious. And that's even being kind, lol.

Stingray, Ethan Hunt, Films, Dragon, Jessie, Noctis, ShawnMR, and Mango!!! You have been challenged to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! You have 24 hours to take this challenge on!!! (see thread in Real World) Good luck!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts
  • 249 topics
  • LocationLV426

Spiderman 3 was atrocious. And that's even being kind, lol.

I liked it. :P
Want to see read about your favorite box office members fight in deadly battles? Escape from 500 foot monsters? Face greedy dangerous supervillians?Then read the Boxoffice Forums Hunger Games!http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14987-1st-annual-forum-hunger-games-sign-up-now-by-pm/

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

I liked it. :P

noooo.gif

DMan7

DMan7

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Joined March 10, 2013
  • 0 topics

Because Shia and Fox isn't in it. DUH! I don't know when people will get it through their thick skulls that people went to the TF movies to see the transformers and nothing else.

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

Because Shia and Fox isn't in it. DUH! I don't know when people will get it through their thick skulls that people went to the TF movies to see the transformers and nothing else.

For me, that might just make it a better movie lol. :P  I've never been a fan of Shia. Not even when he was on that disney show.

DMan7

DMan7

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Joined March 10, 2013
  • 0 topics

For me, that might just make it a better movie lol. :P  I've never been a fan of Shia. Not even when he was on that disney show.

He was actually pretty good on that Disney show, Even Stevens. From that show I thought he was going to become a HUGE star with his charismatic personality. Didn't know he would turn out to be the annoying kid in a shitty transformers franchise.  <_<

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts
  • 249 topics
  • LocationLV426
I read somewhere that Shia said he left Disney so he could swear! :P So immature!

Cmasterclay

Cmasterclay

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • 15 topics
  • LocationMiami/Washington D.C

I think Wahlberg will do wonders in reestablishing credibility and big name cache for the franchise. Plus, it's the same director and not a complete reboot. It won't decrease by POTC 4 numbers, because it didn't leave off on as bad of terms as Pirates.

IFFFFF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL......WHAT THE CLAY.......IS........COOKIN!

DMan7

DMan7

Box Office Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Joined March 10, 2013
  • 0 topics

I think Wahlberg will do wonders in reestablishing credibility and big name cache for the franchise. Plus, it's the same director and not a complete reboot. It won't decrease by POTC 4 numbers, because it didn't leave off on as bad of terms as Pirates.

Lets not forget Wahlberg also did wonders to the Max Payne franchise.  :unsure:

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

He was actually pretty good on that Disney show, Even Stevens. From that show I thought he was going to become a HUGE star with his charismatic personality. Didn't know he would turn out to be the annoying kid in a shitty transformers franchise.  <_<

See, I don't know what it was with him. I really don't have a great excuse for why I don't like him. There's just something about him that makes me go gaaaaahhhh inside. He's not the only one, I have the same feelings for Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis. Hillary Duff annoyed the shit out of me when I watched Disney.

Jandrew

Jandrew

Summer Tentpole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,212 posts
  • Joined December 15, 2011
  • 13 topics
  • LocationThe Palmetto State

If the Hunger Games can attract families, so can Divergent. Its practically the same thing.

THE FORUM GAMES IS OVER! THE FINALE PARTS ARE ON PAGES 115, 116, AND 117! PLEASE GO SEE WHO WON AND IF BAUMER AND MODS PREVAILED. HURRY, NO MORE FORUM GAMES UNTIL 2015!

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14987-1st-annual-forum-games-finale-part-1-page-115-part-2-116-final-part-on-117-we-have-a-winner/

John Marston

John Marston

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,722 posts
  • Joined November 10, 2011
  • 56 topics
  • LocationMichigan

surprised at the number of votes for ASM 2 considering how people keep claiming it is a sequel no one wants and the first was disliked

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

If the Hunger Games can attract families, so can Divergent. Its practically the same thing.

Not really the same thing, but perhaps it's too early to tell. I just don't see Divergent being a family film. I wouldn't exactly call THG a family film either. I think a lot of families went for their kids, making sure that it was appropriate for them.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

Global Phenomenon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts
  • 249 topics
  • LocationLV426
K1stpierre, Bruce Willis just isn't good at interviewing. I am sure he is still a good guy. :)

k1stpierre

k1stpierre

Summer Tentpole

• Junior Moderator
  • 9,297 posts
  • Joined July 03, 2013
  • 107 topics
  • LocationMassachusetts

K1stpierre, Bruce Willis just isn't good at interviewing. I am sure he is still a good guy. :)

Yeah, I'm sure they all are. I don't know why I don't like them. I'm weird like that :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users